Presentations: Research Seminars / Short Courses / Tutorials / Workshops / Keynote address / Meetings
* Authoring Educational Multimedia:Using Learning Styles and Story Telling Principles
o Tutorial: ACM Multimedia 2008, Vancouver, BC, Canada; October 27 - November 1, 2008. Presentation | Summary | Reference Paper
* Advancing User Experience Research: Towards the next phase of human computer interaction:
o Keynote Address: Third Innovative Conference on Embedded Systems, Mobile Communication and Computing, August 11-14, 2008, Infosys, Mysore, India. Presentation | Handouts | Summary
o Seminar: Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia 4 August 2008. Presentation | Handouts | Summary
o Seminar: International University in Germany, Campus 2, Bruchsal, Germany, 5 June 2008. Presentation | Handouts | Summary
* Using Creativity and Innovation for Advancing Digital Media Systems:
o Seminar: Tata Consultancy Services, Gurgaon, India, 19 November 2007. Presentation | Handouts | Summary
* Creativity and Innovation in e-Learning through Digital Storytelling:
o Seminar: Graduate School of e-Learning, TU Darmstadt, Germany, 14 November 2007. Presentation | Handouts | Summary
* Creativity and Innovation: The Key to Advancing Professional Training: PTF 2007 Site
Seminar: Professional Training Facts: PTF 2007, November, 13-14, 2007, Fraunhofer IZS, Stuttgart, Germany. Presentation | Handouts | Summary
* MOD-Based Story Development
o Workshop: RWTH Aachen University, Germany, 5 November 2007. Presentation | Handouts
* Creating Experience-on-Demand with Systematic Content Capture, Creation, and Consumption: Announcement
o Seminar: RWTH Aachen University, Germany, 23 August 2007. Presentation | Handouts
* Research Project Methodology:0-Overview | 1-Quality Time Management | 2-Research Mehothodology | 3-LitReview | 4-Writing | 5-Ethics&IP
o Short Course: Chaitanya College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India, 6 August 2007.
o Short Course: Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India, 8 August 2007.
* Creativity and Innovation: The Key to ICT Advancement and Social Wellbeing
o KeyNote Address: International Conference on Embedded Systems, Mobile Communication and Computing, ICEMC2 2007, 3-5 August 2007, PESIT, Bangalore, India. Summary | Presentation | Handouts | ICEMC2_2007_Report.pdf | Lamp Ceremony
o Seminar: Chaitanya College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India, 5 August 2007.
o Seminar: Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India, 7 August 2007.
* Tourism Blog Visualiser for Better Tour Planning
o Research Seminars: First Annual Conference on Blogs in Tourism, Kitzbuhel, Austria, 12 July 2007. BlogVisualiser.ppt | BlogVisualiser6.4.pdf
* Creating Mobile Multimedia Experiences: Future Opportunities and Challenges in e-Learning and e-Tourism : WebPage | Abstract
o Seminar: Creative Lapland 2007, From Story to Experience, Rovaniemi, Finland, April 12th-14th 2007. Presentation | Video Presentation | With Santa
* Creating Mobile Multimedia Experiences: Future Opportunities and Challenges: Abstract
o Seminar: RMIT University, 20 July 2007. AbstractPresentation
o Seminar: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India (IIT-R), 1 Feb 2007. Presentation
o Seminar: The International Institute of Information Technology (I2IT), Pune, India, 21 Feb 2006. Presentation | Notes
o Seminar: Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Maharashtra Academy of Engineering & Education Research (MAEER), Pune, India, 20 Feb 2006. Presentation | Notes
* Applying Movement Oriented Design to Create Educational Stories
o Paper presentation: e-Learning Symposium, Storey Hall, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, 3-5 December 2006. Presentation | Abstract | Paper
* Developing Intelligent Visual Travel Recommender Systems
o Seminar: Centre for Hospitality and Tourism Research, Victoria University, 20 Geelong Road, Footscray, 27 November 2006. Presentation
* High Flyers Think Tank 2006, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Monday 30 October 2006.
o Workshop: Innovative technical solutions for water management in Australia.
* Movement Oriented Design: Why, What and How of A New Paradigm for Multimedia Systems Design
o Seminar: ETC: Australia. Entertainment Technology Centre of Carnegie Mellon University in Adelaide. 30 October, 2006. Abstract
o Seminar: World Centre for Digital Media, Great Northern Way Campus, Vancouver, BC, September 11, 2006. Presentation | Notes
* Introduction to Quality of Service Delivery in Mobile Multimedia Systems: Tutorial Outline | Tutorial Program | Presentation | Notes
o Tutorial at: IEEE International Conference on Enterprise Networking and Services, EntNet 2006, September 11-13, 2006, Vancouver, BC. Photos: Cafe atop VancouverConventionCentre | VancouverHarbour | StanleyPark | VancouverAtDusk | EmpireLandmarkHotel | ViewFromEmpireLandmarkHote
* Advancing Mobile Multimedia Experience Creation: Opportunities and Challenges: Abstract | Presentation | Notes
o Keynote address: International Conference on Embedded Systems, Mobile Communication and Computing, August 4th-5th, 2006, Bangalore India.ICEMC2 2006 | Program | Presentation | Notes 2 to a page | Notes 6 to a page
* Australian ST-CRC Research on Tourism ICT systems: STCRC Presentation | EC3 Presentation | ETD Presentation | ISL Guidelines | ISL Proposal
o Workshop: EC3 - Electronic Commerce Competence Center, Donau-City Strasse 1, A-1220, Vienna, Austria., May 9-10, 2006
* Creating Mobile e-Learning Experience-on-Demand: Announcement
o Lecture: RWTH Aachen University of Technology, Germany, 11 May 2006. Presentation | Notes
* Enhancing Learning Outcomes using Educational Stories Developed with Movement Oriented Design (MOD)
o Workshop: RWTH Aachen University of Technology, Germany, 11 May 2006. Presentation | Notes
o Keynote address: World Congress on Lateral Computing ( WCLC 2005), 16-18 December 2005, Bangalore, India. Abstract | WinVideo | ZippedVideo| Presentation
* Research Opportunities and Challenges in Tourism ICT Systems
o Seminar: University of Management and Technology (UMT), Lahore, Pakistan. 27 September 2005.
o Seminar: Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi, Pakistan. 26 September 2005. Some photos of Pakistan: Karachi | Govt. College Lahore | Students1 | Students2 | Students3 | Interview | Wahga1 | Wahga2 | Wahga3 | Wahga4 | Wahga5 | WahgaVideo | SuhailHome | UrduPoetryVideo | Murree1 | Murree2 | Robert in Rawalpindi | What The1 | What The 2
o Seminar: Centre for Hospitality and Tourism Research, Victoria University, Australia. 21 July 2005. Presentation
o Workshop: Sustainable Tourism CRC, Sunshine Convention Centre, Victoria University, Sunshine Campus, Victoria, 1 October 2004.
* Is Middleware the Killer Application for Mobile Business?
o Industry Talk: The Fourth International Conference on Mobile Business, July 11th -13th, 2005,Sydney, Australia. ICMB 2005 | Abstract | ICMB2005Presentation
* Mobile Multimedia Information Transmission:
o Tutorial: International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, EuroIMSA2005, Grindelwald, Switzerland, 22 February 2005. Summary | Cover | Notes | Presentation | Photo1| Photo2 | Photo3 | Photo4 | Photo5 | Photo6 | Certificate
* Project and Research Methodology.
o Short Course: Jaypee University of Information Technology, JIIT Campus, Noida, India, 22-24 December 2004. 1-Time Management | 2-Research Methodologies | 3-LitReview | 4-Writing | 5-Ethics&IP
* Movement Oriented Design: A New Paradigm for Multimedia Systems Design
o Seminar: Multimedia University, Malaysia, 23 Nov 2005. Presentation
o Seminar: Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 24 June 2005. Abstact | Presentation| PDF
o Collaboration meetings: Fraunhofer IAO - University of Stuttgart IAT, Germany, 18 February 2005. Abstract | PDF Photos: StuttgartUniversity | WithCarsten
o Keynote address: World Congress on Lateral Computing ( WCLC 2004), December 18th, 2004, National Science Seminar Complex, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. Presentation| Keynote Paper | Chair's Report. Photos: Inauguration | Keynote Address | Panel Discussion
o Seminar: Edith Cowan University, Perth, Western Australia, 05 November 2004. Abstact | Presentation | PDF
o Seminar: Poona University, Pune, India, 30 October 2004. Abstract | Presentation | PDF
o Workshop: RWTH Aachen University of Technology, Germany, 8 October 2004. Abstract | Presentation | PDF Photos: Audience 1 | Audience 2 | Nalin | Aachen to Frankfurt @ 300 kph
o Workshop: The 2004 International Research Conference on Innovations in Information Technology, IIT2004, 6 October, 2004, Dubai, UAE. Workshop: Program | Abstract | Presentation | PDF Photos: Venue | Audience 1 | Audience 2 | Nalin | Grand Hyatt | Dubai
* MUDPY Ontology: An Innovative Tool for Multimedia Project Development
o Distinguished lecture: RWTH Aachen University of Technology, Germany, 7 October 2004. Presentation | PDF | About the lecture | PROLEARN research program | Photos: Gateway @ Marschiertor | ArtCentre | With Marc & Amin | With Ralf
* Research Opportunities for Core Tourism ICT Systems
o Workshop: Leading Edge Developments in Tourism ICT, Sunshine Convention Centre, 460 Ballarat Rd.(x Hampshire Road), Sunshine, Victoria, 1 October 2004. Presentation | Notes
* Multimedia Design Fundamentals and Methodologies
o Short Course: Jaypee University of Information Technology, JIIT Campus, Noida, India, 26-30 July 2004. . MDOutline | 0-Overview | 1-Design | 2-Authoring | 3-MUDPY | 4-MOD | 5-Soc&IP | Design Worksheet | MUDPY Worksheet | MOD Worksheet
* Scientific Research Methodology
o Short Course: Jaypee University of Information Technology, JIIT Campus, Noida, India, 20-24 July 2004. . RMOutline | 0-Overview | 1-Science | 2-S&TResearch | 3-LitReview | 4-Writing | 5-Ethics&IP
* Creating Meaningful Multimedia.
o Seminar: City University of New York, 17 Feb. 2004. Abstract. Seminar. Read related item: Multimedia: The Art, Science and Technology of Creating Meaning, Preprint. Photo: At CUNY
o Seminar: Institute of Information Systems & Information Management, Joanneum Research, Graz, Austria, 13 Feb. 2004. Abstract | Seminar. Photos: On Vienna To Graz Train | At Joanneum Research | With Herwig and Karin
* Building a Software Bridge between Australia and India
o Seminar: IndiaSoft2004 Conference, Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi, 10-12 February, 2004. Seminar Photos: Program | Presentation | Discussion
o Seminar and Panel Discussion: Industry-Institute Synergy for Knowledge Supremacy, 30 Jan, 2004, Bristol Hotel, Delhi. Photos: Presentation| Discussion
* Networked Multimedia Systems.
o Seminar: Mahatma Gandhi Mission's College of Engineering and Technology, Noida, India, 11 February, 2004. Photo: With Principal and Students
o Short Course: Jaypee University of Information Technology, at JIIT campus, Noida, India, February 2-6, 2004. Photo: Presentation | Discussion
* Enhancing Learning Outcomes with Projects
o Seminar: Learning Matters Symposium, Victoria University, 4 December 2003. Abstract | Notes
* The WWW of Ontology: What, Why and hoW
o Seminar: Victoria University, Australia, 10 October 2003. Ontology Seminar | Notes
* A Holistic Quality of Service Model
o Seminar: Victoria University, Australia, 20 May 2003. Abstract | QoS Seminar | Notes
o Seminar: Deakin University, Australia, 2002. Abstract | QoS Seminar.
* Autosophy Image Compression and Transmission.
o Seminar: Monash University, Australia, 2001. Abstract | Presentation.
* Networked Multimedia
o Seminar: Deakin University, Australia, 2000.
o Online Seminar: OSEE, Online Symposium for Electronics Engineers, October 2000. Outline
o Tutorial: International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, IMSA2000.
o Seminar: University of Karlstad, Sweden, 1999.
o Seminar: AIS’98 Conference, (Association for Information Systems, Fourth annual Americas Conference), Baltimore, USA, August 14-16, 1998.
o Tutorial: SCI’98 Conference, (World Multi-conference on Systems, Cybernetics and Informatics), Orlando, Florida, USA, July 12-16, 1998.
o Seminar: CSIO- Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh, India, 1998.
o Seminar: Florida Atlantic University, USA, 1997.
* PARSIM Language for Simulating Parallel Architectures
o Seminar: Monash University, Australia, 1996.
o Seminar: University of Tokyo, June 1995.
o Seminar: University of Aizu, Japan, June 1995.
o Seminar: IIT, Delhi, India, 1994.
o Seminar: Deakin University, Australia, 1993.
* Modelling Parallel Architectures with NETWORK II.5
o Invited paper: 14th Simulation Conference, San Diego, USA, 1989.