Refereed and Invited Papers
* Nalin Sharda, Creating Ambient Multimedia Experience On-Demand, Semantic Ambient Media Experience Workshop (SAME 2008) in conjunction with ACM Multimedia 2008, Vancouver, BC, Canada; October 27 - November 1, 2008.
* Nalin Sharda, Designing, Using and Evaluating Educational Games: Challenges, Some Solutions and Future Research, First International Workshop on Story-Telling and Educational Games (STEG ‘08) in conjunction with EC-TEL 2008: Third European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, 17-19 September 2008, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
* Nalin Sharda and Mohan Ponnada, Tourism Blog Visualiser for Better Tour Planning, Journal of Vacation Marketing, Vol 14, No 2, April 2008, pp157-168.
* Sudarshan Venkataiah, Nalin Sharda, and Mohan Ponnada, A Comparative Study of Continuous and Discrete Visualisation of Tourism Information, ENTER 2008 Conference, Innsbruck, Austria, Organised by International Federation for Information Technology and Travel & Tourism (IFITT), 23 - 25 January, 2008. ENTER 2008 Paper
* Nalin Sharda, Creating Innovative New Media Programs: Need, Challenges, and Development Framework, ACM Workshop on Educational Multimedia and Multimedia Education (in conjunction with ACM Multimedia 2007), 28 September 2007, Augsburg, Germany, pp 77-86. ACM EMME 2007/ Slides 1 per page PDF / Slides 6 per page PDF / Presentation / Paper
* Nalin Sharda, Authoring Educational Multimedia Content Using Learning Styles and Story Telling Principles, ibid, pp 93-102. Poster / Paper
* Nalin Sharda and Mohan Ponnada, Tourism Blog Visualiser for Better Tour Planning, First Annual Conference on Blogs in Tourism, Kitzbuhel, Austria, 12 July 2007, pp 59-70. BlogVisualiser.ppt | BlogVisualiser6.4.pdf
* Mohan Ponnada and Nalin Sharda, Model of a Semantic Web Search Engine for Multimedia Content Retrieval, ICIS 2007, 6th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science, Melbourne, July 11-13, 2007. ICIS2007SemanticSearch.pdf
* Nalin Sharda, The Role of Mobile Multimedia Systems in Digital Business Ecosystems, IEEE-DEST 2007: Inaugural IEEE International Digital EcoSystems Technologies Conference, Business Ecosystems for Small and Medium Enterprises, Cairns, Australia, 21-23 February 2007. RoleofMobileMMinDE_V1.17.mdi | Multimedia Systems in DBE.ppt
* Roopa Jakkilinki, Mladen Georgievski, and Nalin Sharda, Connecting Destinations with Ontology Based e-Tourism Planner, ENTER 2007: 14th annual conference of IFITT, the International Federation for IT & Travel and Tourism. Ljubljana, Slovenia, 24 to 26 January 2007, pp 21-32. Enter2007AUSTOPaper.pdf | ENTER2007Connecting Destinations.ppt
* Mohan Ponnada and Nalin Sharda, A High level model for developing Intelligent Visual Travel Recommender Systems, ENTER 2007: 14th annual conference of IFITT, the International Federation for IT & Travel and Tourism. Ljubljana, Slovenia, 24 to 26 January 2007, pp 33-42. Enter2007IVTRSPaper.pdf | ENTER2007 IVTRS.ppt
* Nalin Sharda, Applying Movement Oriented Design to Create Educational Stories, International Journal of Learning, Vol.13, Issue 12, pp.177-184, 2007, ISSN 1447-9494. AbstractAMODPaper Presented at e-Learning Symposium, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, 3-5 December 2006. http://learningconference.com Abstract | e-Learning Symposium 2006.ppt
* Marc Spaniol, Ralf Klamma, Nalin Sharda, Matthias Jarke, Web-based Learning with Non-linear Multimedia Stories, 5th International Conference on Web-based Learning (ICWL 2006), July 19-21, 2006 , Penang , Malaysia. To be published in the proceedings of ICWL 2006, as a volume in Springer's LNCS. | ICWLC2006Paper
* Roopa Jakkilinki, Nalin Sharda and Imran Ahmed, MUDPY Ontology: A Tool for Multimedia Project Planning, Design and Development, Journal of Enterprise Information Management (EIMJ), Volume: 19, Issue: 2, 2006. EIMJ MUDPY Paper
* Mladen Georgievski, Nalin Sharda, Re-Engineering the Usability Testing Process for Live Multimedia Systems, Journal of Enterprise Information Management (EIMJ), Volume: 19, Issue: 2, 2006. EIMJ Usability Paper
* Kimber, J., Georgievski, M., Sharda, N., Developing a Visualisation Tool for Tour Planning, IFITT Global Travel & Tourism Technology and eBusiness Conference, Lausanne, Switzerland, ENTER 2006: 18 – 20 January, 2006. ENTER2006Presentation | DunkVideo | ENTER2006Paper
* Mladen Georgievski, Nalin Sharda, Implementation and Usability of User Interfaces for Quality of Service Management, Tencon'05: Annual technical conference of IEEE Region 10, 21 - 24 November 2005, Australia. Tencon2005Paper
* Roopa Jakkilinki, Nalin Sharda and Mladen Georgievski, Developing an Ontology for Multimedia Design and Planning Pyramid, M2USIC 2005: MMU International Symposium on Information and Communications Technologies, PJ Hilton Hotel, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, 24th - 25th November 2005. M2USIC2005OntologyPaper | M2USIC Mudpy.ppt
* Nalin Sharda, Mladen Georgievski, and KK Lim, Mapping the TRAQS Quality of Service Model to the m-Apps Middleware, M2USIC 2005: MMU International Symposium on Information and Communications Technologies, PJ Hilton Hotel, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, 24th - 25th November 2005. M2USIC2005MappTraqPaper | M2USIC QoS.ppt
* Nalin Sharda, Movement Oriented Design: A New Paradigm for Multimedia Design, International Journal of Lateral Computing (IJLC), Vol. 1, No. 1, May 2005, pp 7-14. IJLC/WCLC 2004 Paper. This paper was originally presented as a keynote address at the First World Congress on Lateral Computing, WCLC 2004, December 18th, 2004.
* Roopa Jakkilinki, Nalin Sharda and Imran Ahmad, Ontology-Based Intelligent Tourism Information Systems: An overview of Development Methodology and Applications, TES2005: Tourism Enterprise Strategies: Thriving – and Surviving – in an Online Era, 11-12 July 2005, Centre for Hospitality and Tourism Research (CHTR), Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia. TES2005Paper
* Jayden Kimber, Mladen Georgievski and Nalin Sharda, Developing Usability Testing Systems and Procedures for Mobile Tourism Services, Annual Conference on Information Technology in the Hospitality Industry, HITA 2005, Hospitality Information Technology Association, June 19th and 20th, 2005, Los Angeles, USA. HITA2005Paper,HITA2005Presentation
* Mladen Georgievski, Nalin Sharda, Enhancing User Experience for Networked Multimedia Systems, 4th International Conference on Information Systems Technology and its Applications, ISTA2005, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand, 23 – 25 May, 2005, pp 73-85. ISTA2005 Paper. ISTA2005Presentation
* Nalin Sharda and Nayanathara Hosur Ramesh, Task Modeling for a Multimedia Authoring System Based on The Movement Oriented Design Methodology, Proceedings of the International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, EuroIMSA2005, Grindelwald, Switzerland, 21-23 February 2005, pp 389-394. EuroIMSA 2005 Paper. EuroIMSA2005Presentation
* Nalin Sharda, Movement Oriented Design: A New Paradigm for Multimedia Design, Keynote address at the First World Congress on Lateral Computing, WCLC 2004, December 18th, 2004, National Science Seminar Complex, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. WCLC 2004 Paper.*
* Mladen Georgievski and Nalin Sharda, Re-Engineering the Usability Testing Process for Live Multimedia Systems, The 2004 International Research Conference on Innovations in Information Technology, IIT2004, Oct 4-6, 2004, Dubai, UAE. IIT2004UsabilityPresentation. IIT2004UsabilityPaper
* Roopa Jakkilinki and Nalin Sharda, MUDPY Ontology: An Innovative Tool for Multimedia Project Development, The 2004 International Research Conference on Innovations in Information Technology, IIT2004, Oct 4-6, 2004, Dubai, UAE. IIT2004MUDPYPresentation. IIT2004MUDPYPaper
* Sanjay Goel and Nalin Sharda, What do engineers want? Examining engineering education through Bloom’s taxonomy, 15th Annual Conference for the Australasian Association for Engineering Education, AaeE 2004, 27th - 29th September 2004, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia. AaeE2004Paper | AAEE2004Presentation.pps | AAEE2004Presentation.pdf
* Nalin Sharda, Creating Meaningful Multimedia with The Multimedia Design and Planning Pyramid, The 10th International Multi-Media Modelling Conference, MMM2004, January 5-7, 2004, Brisbane, Australia. MMM2004 short paper. MMM2004 extended paper. MMM2004 Poster. In Proceedings
* Mladen Georgievski and Nalin Sharda, Task Modelling for a Holistic Quality of Service Model - TRAQS, IEEE India Council Annual Convention and Exhibition 2003, ACE2003, Dec 12-14, 2003, Hotel Le Meridien, Pune, India. ACE2003 Paper. ACE2003 Presentation.
* Mladen Georgievski and Nalin Sharda, Usability Testing for Real-Time QoS Management, 24th IEEE International Real-Time Systems Symposium, RTSS2003, Dec 3-5, Cancun, Mexico. RTSS2003 Paper. RTSS2003 Poster
* N. Sharda, A. Hanumanula, Streaming Audio and Video in Web-based Learning: A Comparative Study of Three Systems, The 2nd International Conference on Web-based Learning, ICWL2003, August 18-20, 2003, Melbourne, Australia. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2783, Springer-Verlag. ICWL2003 Paper. ICWL2003 Presentation.
* M. Georgievski and N. Sharda, A Taxonomy of QoS Parameters and Applications for Multimedia Communications, International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, IMSA2003, Aug 13-15, 2003, Kaua’i, Hawaii, USA. IMSA2003 Paper. IMSA2003 Presentation.
* N. Sharda and M. Georgievski, A Holistic Quality of Service Model for Multimedia Communications, International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, IMSA2002, Aug 12-14, 2002, Kaua’i, Hawaii, USA. IMSA2002 Paper.
* M. Georgievski and N. Sharda, Modelling Video on Demand Over an ATM Network, SCI’02 Proceedings, World Multi-conference on Systems, Cybernetics and Informatics,SCI2002, July 14-18, 2002, Orlando, Florida, USA. SCI2002 Paper.
* N. Sharda, Networked Multimedia Systems Courses: Evolution, Current Courses, and Future Directions, International Conference on Information Technology: Coding and Computing. ITCC 2000, March 27-29, 2000. The Orleans, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society.
* N. Sharda, Multimedia Networks: Fundamentals and Future Directions, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 1 Article 10 February, 1999. http://cais.isworld.org/articles
* N. Sharda, Multimedia Information Networking, AIS’98,Association for Information Systems -Americas Conference, August 14-16, 1998, Baltimore, USA. *
* N. Sharda, Multimedia Networks: Past, Present and Future Technologies, SCI’98, World Multi-conference on Systems, Cybernetics and Informatics, July 12-16, 1998, Orlando, Florida, USA. *
* I. Jutrisa, N. Sharda and P. Cerone, Performance Analysis of a Reliable Satellite Broadcast Transmission Protocol, ITA - Information, Telecommunications, Automata Journal, Vol.15, No 1-3, 1997. (Presented at ConTEL’97, 4th International Conference on Telecommunications, Zagreb, Croatia, June 18-20, 1997. Subsequently published in the ITA Journal.)
* N. Sharda, R. Fatri and M. Abid, Applying Deductive Database Technology to Network Management, Computer Communications Review, ACM SIGCOMM, Vol. 27, No 1, Jan 1997.
* N. Sharda, A. Tam and R. Fatri, FoCaS: A Formal Classification and Specification Scheme for Parallel Systems, Proceedings of the Third Australasian Conference on Parallel and Real-Time Systems, PART’96, pp 65-68, Griffith University, Queensland, 30 September - 1 October, 1996.
* Jutrisa, N. Sharda and P. Cerone, Implementation Options for Reliable Satellite Broadcast Transmission, Australian Telecommunication Networks & Applications Conference, pp 553 - 558, Sydney, 11 - 13 December 1995.
* S. Bevinakoppa, N. Sharda and H. Sharda, Parallel Implementation of DCT-based Digital Image Compression on a PARAM System, Proceedings of the Second Australasian Conference on Parallel and Real-Time Systems - PART’95, pp 401 - 407, Fremantle, Western Australia, 28-29 September, 1995.
* S. Bevinakoppa, N. Sharda and H. Sharda, Implementation of the JPEG Image Compression Algorithm on the Shiva Parallel Processor, IWPP '94: International Workshop on Parallel Processing, Bangalore, India, 26-30 Dec., 1994.
* R. White, C. Osborne and N. Sharda, A Parallel Algorithm for the Calculation of Kronecker Products / Sums on Hypercube Processor Topologies. IWPP '94: International Workshop on Parallel Processing, Dec 26-30, 1994, Bangalore, India.
* S. Bevinakoppa, N. Sharda and H. Sharda, Performance Study of JPEG Algorithm on Different Parallel Architectures, PART'94, Australasian Workshop on Parallel and Real Time systems, 7-8 July, 1994. Melbourne.
* S. Jit Singh and N. Sharda, Design and Implementation of PARSIM: An Architecture Specification Language, PCAT-93, Parallel Computing and Transputers conference, 3-4 Nov, 1993, Brisbane.
* S. Bevinakoppa and H. Sharda, J. Hulskamp and N. Sharda, Digital Image Compression on a Network of Transputers, Transputer and Parallel Applications Conference, TAPA-92, Melbourne, Nov 4-5, 1992.
* N. Sharda, Simulation Modeling of a Three Dimensional Parallel Processing System, Simulation Conference 14, San Diego, California, USA, September 18-20, 1989. *
* N. Sharda and D. P. Hodgson, Designing A Course In Computer Architecture For An External Studies Program. Pacific Regional Conference on Electrical Engineering Education. University of Technology, Sydney, 12-15 Dec. 1988.
* N. Sharda, R. Mulchandani, and R. Arockiasamy, Microprocessor Control of Cycloconverter: Techniques for Implementation and Testing, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. IE-33, pp 281-291, Aug. 1986.
* N. Sharda, S. Kumar and R. Arockiasamy, A Microprocessor Implementation of Cosine-wave Crossing Method for Cycloconverter Triggering, Proceedings of International Conference on Microprocessor Applications to Industrial Control, Jadavpur University, India, pp 125-132, Feb. 14-16, 1981.
* R. Arockiasamy, N. Sharda, and Shashi Kumar, Microprocessor Based Trigger Generator for Phase Controlled Cycloconverter, Fifth International Symposium on Mini and Microcomputers. Mexico, April 13-15, 1981.
* N. Sharda and R. Arockiasamy, Applications of Microprocessors to Drive Speed Control, All India Seminar on Microprocessor Systems and Applications. The Institute of Engineers, Bangalore, India, April 1980.
* N. Sharda and R. Mulchandani, A Low-cost Microprocessor Development-Cum-Target system, Word of Microprocessors, Symposium held at CSIO, Chandigarh, India, Sept. 24-25 1981.
* N. Sharda, Shashi Kumar, and R. Mulchandani, Memory and Monitor Extension of SDK-85, Indian Journal of Technical Education, Vol. 6, No. 3, 1980.
* N. Sharda, N. K. Jain, R. Mulchandani and R. Arockiasamy, Microprocessor Based Instrumentation. Symposium on Industrial Control and Instrumentation, Jaipur, India, Dec. 15, 1978.
* N. Sharda, N. K. Jain, R. Mulchandani and R. Arockiasamy, Trends in Solid State Control of Drives. Symposium on Industrial Control and Instrumentation, Jaipur, India, Dec. 15, 1978.
* R. Arockiasamy, N. Sharda and M. Ayyadurai, Requirements and Choice of A. C. Power Supplies for Electronic Equipment. Conference on Industrial Instrumentation, Allagappa College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India, Feb. 1978.