- Developed Computer Science and Multimedia courses and research at Victoria University.
- Authored Multimedia Information Networking; prescribed in over 25 courses worldwide.
- Published over 100 scholarly papers, book chapters, articles, monographs, and literary works.
- Supervised over 35 Ph.D. and M.Sc. thesis in Computer Science and Multimedia.
- Presented over 50 research seminars and tutorials in Australia, Japan, Germany, Sweden, USA, and India.
- Editor for Multimedia Communications and Education for international journals.
- Editor, session chair and committee member for national and international conferences.
- Editorial Board member, Encyclopedia of Multimedia, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Member of Prolearn: A 'Network of Excellence' for European Commission.
- Appointed: Chair of Computing Committee; Course Director of the Graduate Courses in Computer Science and Multimedia, Faculty Board of Studies, and Coursework Committee.
- Attracted research funding from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Govt. of Australia, Australian Research Council, and Victoria University.
- Attracted competitive research and infrastructure development grants.
- Erasmus Mundus Visiting Research Professor at Informatik V, RWTH Aachen University, Ahornstr. 55 D-52056 Aachen, Germany.
- Faculty positions held at: Victoria University, Murdoch University, and Curtin University, Australia.
- Engineering positions at: Anderson Digital Equipment, Perth, Western Australia; Instrument Design Development Center, IIT Delhi; Schlumberger Seaco Inc.
- Senior Member of the IEEE and IEEE Computer Society; Member ACM (Association for Computing Machinery).
- Awarded B.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees by the Indian Institute of Technology, IIT-Delhi, India.
- Awarded National Scholarship and Postgraduate Research Award, India; Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Japan; and Literary Awards.